Founded in 2007, the United Nations Association – Morocco (UNA-MOROCCO) is the country’s foremost advocate for Moroccan action at the UN; the Morocco’s leading source of analysis on the UN; and the major hub aiming to engage people from academia, CSOs and youth-led organizations on UN-related issues.
We are the only organization in Morocco devoted to building support for the UN amongst policymakers, opinion-formers and the public. We believe that a strong, credible and effective UN is essential if we are to build a safer, fairer and more sustainable world. We advocate strong government support for the UN – political and financial – and seek to demonstrate why the UN matters to people everywhere.
We pursue this mission by:
- Explaining how the UN works and what it can realistically achieve
- Connecting people and organisations to the UN’s work and values
- Providing an interface between the UN and Morocco
- Calling for active and progressive Moroccan leadership at the UN
- Stimulating debate and action on how to make the UN more effective, transparent, inclusive and accountable
- Convening key players from all sectors, in Morocco, in the Arab World and internationally, to promote multilateral solutions to global problems
- Equipping our members and supporters to further all of these aims
UNA-Morocco derives great strength from its members and supporters, and Morocco-wide network of community and university branches. Together, they form a critical mass of support for the UN in Morocco and beyond.
We are determined in educating and engaging citizens on the work of the United Nations and global issues that affect us all. In summary, we grow Global Citizens. As the leading policy voice on multilateralism in Morocco, our work is framed by the 17 Sustainable Development Goals established by the UN to guide the international community until 2030.
UNA-Morocco’s programmes celebrate diversity, empathy-based learning and solution-seeking opportunities on shared challenges. UNA-Morocco has a country-wide network of volunteer-based Branches and innovative signature programming dedicated to promoting constructive participation in the United Nations and elevating the principles of the UN Charter.
Join us to make the difference!